Current Job Openings
Opening 1: Civil Rights Director
Schedule type: Full-time (Exempt, Salary position)
Location: Office located in Mesa.
Requires travel throughout the state of Arizona.
CAIR-AZ is seeking a full-time Civil Rights Director, an experienced attorney with a demonstrated commitment to public interest advocacy and serving diverse communities. We are looking for a motivated individual with experience who will be expected to identify, strategize, and use creative legal and grassroots advocacy solutions to address systematic issues facing the American Muslim community. Additionally, this role would require community outreach and media relations as well. Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage a caseload of 60-80 intakes per year. • Perform in-depth legal research.
• Legal writing including, but not limited to, drafting complaints, letters, and memos; and non-legal writing including drafting community advisories, issue briefings, and reports
• Speak publicly on behalf of CAIR-AZ at presentations and events
• Communicate with outside parties such as attorneys, employers, law enforcement agents, administrative agencies, etc.
• Work to educate and empower diverse community members on their rights through community presentations and material distributions. Qualifications:
• 2-5 years relevant experience, as well as law degree from an American Bar Association accredited school.
• Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona or eligible to waive in.
• Passion for CAIR’s mission and values
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
• Familiarity, knowledge and experience working with the American Muslim community
• Work experience with a non-profit organization or in a related field
• Willingness and flexibility to change job requirements as the team grows
Commensurate with work experience.
To Apply: Please send (1) a cover letter, (2) resume, (3) three references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Civil Rights Attorney.”
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CAIR-AZ is an equal opportunity employer.