Title: Operations Coordinator
Schedule Type: Part Time or Full Time
Areas of Focus: Event planning, community outreach and organizing; volunteer coordination, administrative duties.
Location: Mesa, AZ
The Position/Role: CAIR-Arizona is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the newly restructured Operations Coordinator position. This position aims to strengthen American Muslim civil rights and civic engagement through internal and external community outreach efforts.
Time Commitment: Full-time or Part-time with evenings and weekends required for presentations and community outreach events.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating CAIR’s flagship programs including Know Your Rights workshops, Muslim Day at the Capitol, Ramadan Night for Civil Rights, banquet preparation and other events.
- Managing weekly outreach scheduling, including coordination with hosting mosques, assignments of staff, and collecting and reporting organizing data.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with community leaders, mosques, and CAIR supporters.
- Ensure contact with donors/supporters is maintained in a timely manner, overseeing direct mail programs.
- Working with Islamic centers, MSAs, and other faith communities and communities of color on a variety of social justice issues.
- Recruiting, managing, and engaging interns and volunteers.
- Providing presence at relevant organizations’ (college campuses, nonprofits, mosques, etc.) events, activities, and meetings.
- Delivering CAIR-AZ public educations programs, interactive workshops, training sessions, and forums.
This role will also require dedicated office time, which entails administrative duties – such as answering calls from clients, basic case intake, coordinating intake with Civil Rights Director, and other duties.
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic.
- Working knowledge of systems such as Photoshop, Quickbooks and MS Office Suite.
Experience working with the American Muslim community.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time.
- Excellent oral and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner
Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before diverse audiences.
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Arizona for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity.
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission.
- This position reports to the Executive Director.
Experience planning large events
Experience working with non-profit organizations
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references, to: [email protected] with the subject line “Operations Coordinator”.