CAIR-Arizona is looking for an energetic and dynamic Executive Director to help drive the organization’s strategy and civil rights work into the future. A chapter of America’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, CAIR-AZ is an institution that is dedicating to protecting the rights of the Arizona Muslim community. Additionally, we continue to be a leading voice for justice in the state of Arizona for all marginalized communities. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team consisting of unique departments, while handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
Position Title: Executive Director
Location: Mesa, AZ – Although during the COVID-19 crisis the staff is working remotely. Executive Director is expected to run our Mesa, AZ office once COVID restrictions are lifted
Compensation Type: Salaried – Full Time
- Leadership skils and experience, which includes all of the following:
- Accountability to the Board of Directors
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- The ability to manage a staff and provide motivation/guidance to each department
- Leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission and vision as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Fundraising capabilities and capacity.
- Manage fundraising events such as annual banquets
- Coordinating Ramadan fundraising program
- Managing fundraising campaign across multiple platforms
- Expert communicator — understand audiences in all written, verbal, video communications.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Marketing our org, and increasing interconnectivity within and outside of the community.
- Self-driven, and takes initiative w/ minimum instruction from the Board.
- Ability to engage in strategic planning according to organization’s objectives.
- Ability to manage the planning and operation of an annual budget.
- Oversee organization of and progress of committees and meetings.
Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or Advanced degree preferred
- 3 – years of experience working with and reporting to a Board strongly recommended.
- 3- years of experience working with a non-profit organization strongly recommended.
- Strong communications skills, written and oral.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Fundraising experience is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with legal, outreach and various departmental staff.
- Ability to work in coalitions with established allies, ensuring that our communities continue to build a presence in our state.
Compensation: Salary with incentive pay, commensurate with experience. Sick time, vacation time and paid holidays included.
If interested in applying, please a cover letter, resume and three references to [email protected] No calls please.